In this tutorial, you will learn how to manage the locations of your patients.
What is a Location?
Knowing where your animal is currently being held and the locations it has been held while in your care is one of the most important things about a patient record.
Adding a New Location
Visit https://www.wrmd.org/signin and log into your account using the username and password that you registered with.
Go to the patient’s record and the Locations panel on the upper right-hand side of the patient record.
Click on Save New Location.
A new screen will pop up. Fill out the appropriate fields.
- Date: Choose the appropriate date from the dropdown calendar.
- Holding at:
- Clinic: at your hospital
- Off-site: at another location, not at your hospital
- Homecare: at your home or a volunteer’s at home. When you choose this option, the text fields change to caregiver and address, prompting you to either type into the field, or choose from a pre-set dropdown menu that pulls from your list of volunteers that you already have in your system.
- Resident: an animal resident at your center
- Area/Room: This describes the area or room within your designated general location (i.e.: ICU, outside, aviary complex, etc.). Fill out the text field with the names of your specific areas within your clinic.
- Enclosure: This describes a specific enclosure within the designated area/room (i.e.: ICU 5, Aviary 1, etc.). Fill out the text field with the names of your specific areas. WRMD remembers these for later reference and includes them in a dropdown list.
- Comments: Any comments about the location.
Click the green Add Location button. You will return to the patient record screen and the new location will be listed in the panel.
Viewing Location History
Click on the history button in the location panel.
A new screen will pop up, allowing you to see all previous locations of the animal.
Close the window by clicking the X in the upper right-hand corner.
Updating a Patient’s Location
When the patient is ready for a new location, all you need to do is follow the same steps listed above under Adding a New Location. WRMD will remember the previous location and keep you informed, so you will always have a reference.