Navigating and Using Reports
In this tutorial, you will gain a basic understanding about how to navigate and use the reports section in WRMD.
Accessing the Reports Section
You can access the Reports Section through the Quick Links Menu. Just click the Reports link.
Layout of Reports Section
Under the Standard Tab is a list of panels, categorizing a type of report. Within each panel, there is a hyperlink to a report specific to that category.
By activating certain Extensions, such as the Hotline, Expenses, Banding/Morphormetrics, or Prescriptions Extensions, additional reports will be available to you and will appear as additional panels in the Reports Section. The standard reports are as follows:
- Favorites: Includes your most commonly used reports. Click the star icon under any report to pin that report to your favorites category at the top of the page.
- Annual: Includes reports specific to your governing wildlife agency. The reports that appear under this panel are specific to your location settings. If you do not see the Annual Report you need, email us (email@example.com) so we can create that form for you.
- Overview: Includes reports on patients admitted to your facility.
- Disposition: Includes reports on what happened to your patients at the end of their care.
- Location: Includes reports on pending cases in your hospital.
- Homecare: Includes reports on animals in homecare and hours spent on care.
- People: Includes reports on rescuers, volunteers, donors, members.
Once you create a report, it will be saved under the Generated Reports tab for 14 days. If you need to permanently save your report, you should save the PDF of the file to your computer.
The Annual Report section is unique to your location. It should show reports relevant to where your facility is. If you do not see the Annual Report you need, contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can create that form for you.
While some reports will simply download a file onto your computer, a majority of the reports have unique filtering features. For example, some reports limit the date range to a specified time frame while others exclude certain species taxonomies if you don’t rehabilitate all classes.
Once you set the filter, click Run Report. Your report will appear in the same window.
An example of these filters can be seen here in the USFWS Wildlife Rehabilitation Annual Report. This report only has one filter.
An example of a report with multiple filters can be seen here in the Disposition by Species report.
Printing and Exporting Reports
Reports can be generated in multiple formats. The most basic format is just to see a preview of the report on your screen.
If you wish to download and print a report, you can click the Print Report, Email Report, or Export Report buttons. Some reports use PDF format, but many reports can be exported directly to Excel as well.
Navigating Multiple Reports
Sometimes if you choose to Print or Export your report, a new window will open. You can click the Print or Save button on this page. To close the window, click the X in the upper right-hand corner.
If you have opened a specific report and want to return to the main page, click on the Return to Reports List link at the top left of the page.